Friday, August 07, 2009

ART BY COMMITTEE
and THE CHADES CHALLENGE



Above is my contribution (yeah, I had a little help from M.C. Escher) to one of my favorite blog games, James Gurney's Art By Committee. James challenges his readers to illustrate random excerpts from old sci-fi manuscripts. If you're into fun drawing challenges, you should check it out!

If you have some weird aversion to sci-fi texts, you can always contribute to my weekly drawing game, the Chades Challenge. Next week's challenge is

SWEATY ROBOTS

Everyone is welcome to participate and design their own perspiring automaton; just post a sketch on your blog and leave me a comment with your blog address. I'll post the oodles of doodles here on the Translation each Friday, along with the subject of the next challenge, so make sure to check back to see what everyone has done.

Thanks to everyone who contributed this week to Chades Challenge XX: Cheshire Cats. Here are the twisted tricksters for your viewing pleasure:






1 comment:

Dave Lebow said...

Austin, its great to see all your various art works and interest in paleontology on your blog! I love what you did for this months Gurney Journey's ABC!
I'm a bit new to blogging. I'm getting back into my own art work creation routine again and blogging sure is great for getting rid of the isolation of the solo studio syndrome.