Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Micro Rex
Part IV: First Kill



Watercolor, prisma pen, and ink 4x6

A baby's first kill is one of life's precious moments...at least it is for tyrannosaurs. The joy of the kill is short-lived, however, when Micro Rex spots larger prey on the horizon. Image 4 of 6 for the Super Big Micro Show. Here are some sneak peaks at works by some fantastic contributing artists.

(Top row, left to right) Clio Chang, Jeremy Costello, Victoria Ying, Lissa Treiman

(Middle row, left to right) Lorelay Bove, Don Hall, Rick Moore, Nicole Mitchell

(Bottom row, left to right) Steve Anderson, Brian Kesinger, Ben Ballistreri, and yours truly

While I had my watercolors out to finish my Micro Gallery pieces, I did this "Happy Thanksgiving/Welcome to the World!" card for my new baby cousin, Jack (aka Jax, aka Jack-Jack). I know everyone says this about babies, but my cousin really IS the cutest kid alive. It's science.



24 days...

7 comments:

Kendra Melton said...

I really enjoy that you put a story to the pieces.

Sam G said...

Dude - That micro Rex is awesome. You ought to make it a book...with all sorts of cool sketches in the back!

Ryan Green said...

You're gonna be in this show, too?? These have absolutely too much appeal. Right up there with William Stout.

And I thought the same thing as Sam. I want a book. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Kendra- thanks! It was a fun challenge to be as clear as possible because the real pieces are quite small, and I only had six "panels" to work with.

Sam- grazie, man. I'd love to make a Micro Rex book. If you'd like to fund me, I'm all ears!

Ryan- wow, thanks! William Stout is one of my heroes, I met him this year at Comic Con and we talked dinos for a while. The Micro Gallery work from everyone is looking great. Are you in the show?

Pandalope said...

I really wanna come to the Super Big Micro Show! How much is it to get in?

Ryan Green said...

No, I'm not in the show, nor am I sure how one GETS into one of their shows. Maybe you just ask. :) Some day...

Unknown said...

Hey Pandalope- I'm pretty sure it's free to get in and check out the work. I posted links to the Gallery webpage on each of my Micro Rex posts. You may want to check that just to be sure.

Ryan- Yeah, the gallery was sort of open to anyone in the industry. I'll get you in on the next one for sure!